Cancellation by Customer
If, for any reason, you opt to to cancel your confirmed booking, your credit card will be credited with the appropriate amount as per the cancellation policy applicable.
Please note that following our customer-oriented booking system which offers multiple order options of either ordering an open voucher or ordering an activity for a specific date, capetownattractions.com charges different cancellation charges according to the order option chosen by you and its status (if the activity has been already reserved for a specific date or not).
Cancellation of an activity reserved for a specific date:
Please note that in case a customer would like to cancel an Open Voucher, prior to its use, for an activity which was reserved for a specific date, then the customer will only be charged with a cancellation fee of 5% of the total amount of the voucher (this is to cover our card processing fees and handling costs).
Cancellation of an activity reserved and booked for a specific date:
This option refers to cases in which an activity has been booked and reserved by the customer for a specific date, including:
- Cancellation of an activity which has been reserved for a specific date as part of the initial order process
- Cancellation of an open voucher after it was used by the customer to reserve an activity for a specific date
In both these cases, cancellation charges apply according to the table below:
|Cancellation||Charged as a % of the order amount for the activity|
|30 days before the date of the activity||5%|
|15-30 days before the date of the activity||20%|
|7-14 days before the date of the activity||35%|
|3-6 days before the date of the activity||50%|
|Less than 2 days before the date of the activity||100%|
- All the above refers to working days only (Monday-Friday)
- Notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received by E-mail sent to us: email@example.com
- Reserved date or time for the activity = the specific date or time for which the customer is suppose to go on the activity/attractions/service according to the reservation made by him/her.
- These cancellation charges are calculated as a percentage of the total order amount for the activity the customer would like to cancel.
- The date of which we receive the customer’s written notification of cancellation is the date we will use in order to calculate the appropriate cancellation charge.
- No refunds are available once a tour, activity, attractions or service has commenced, or in respect of any package, or any other services already utilized.
- In case an activity is canceled due to bad weather conditions, we guarantee to all of our customers a Full Refund. However, if the activity operates, rain or shine, and the customers decides not to go, the customer will be charged for the last minute cancellation.
- In case of a “No Show” or in case a customer arriving late to an activity, the tour will leave on time and the client will be charged for a last minute cancellation.
- Entrance tickets to Museums, national parks, Cape Town Aquarium, Botanical garden, and tickets for special events, are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total amount payable by the person/s for the cancelled activity.
- If any member of your party is prevented from traveling, that person may transfer their place to someone else. In case the order was made on the name of the person who is prevented from traveling, you must inform capetownattractions.com as soon as possible about this change and provide a name of the other person who will use the activity (so we can change the order on his name).
Cancellation by CapeTownAttractions
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of an activity, tour, excursion, attraction, package trip by CapeTownAttractions, we will:
- Propose an equivalent trip and/or package to the client.
- If the client chooses to refuse that option, then CapeTownAttractions shall provide 100%full money refund to the customer in the total amount paid by the customer to us for the activity which has been cancelled. In case an activity is cancelled due to bad weather, then, CapeTownAttractions is not responsible to provide the client with a refund for the transport cost or to cover any other charge (except for processing a full refund of the direct amount paid for the activity).
The only exception to the above would be cases of force majeure or as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control.
Note: The above stated Cancellation close is applicable ONLY in case the activity has been cancelled by CapeTownAttractions, taking into consideration of no amendment done from the client's side on the original booking.
Cancellation of an activity as a result of a change in date and time:
In case a booking has been confirmed for a specific date or time, and later, as per the client’s request, the booking was changed to a different date or time, which afterwards gets cancelled by CapeTownAttractions or by the client for any reason, CapeTownAttractions may charge the client the cancellation charge according to the original date or time of the booking made.
For example, for an activity which was originally booked for March 15th, and on March 14th (the day before), the client(s) contact CapeTownAttractions, informing us that they will not be able or do not wish to attend the activity on March 15th and request to postpone the activity to March 20th and CapeTownAttractions changes the booking accordingly and then, on the day itself the activity was cancelled due to weather conditions; in such case, CapeTownAttractions may charge the client a cancellation fee as per the original change in the original booking, meaning as per the 1-day cancellation.